Have you ever wondered if it matters what diets for healthy skin you tried to follow? What we eat is going to affect everything about the body, so don’t think your skin is any different.
You won’t find unhealthy food choices suggested when considering what you should eat if you desire nice looking healthy skin. By unhealthy I mean food full of saturated fat, trans fat, sugar, refined flour- those kind of substances.
Let me give you a few tips on diets for healthy skin, where I focus on what you should eat and drink.
1) Keep your food as natural as you can. Just like skin care products that contain harsh chemicals will hurt your skin, so will the chemicals in food products. My rule of thumb is, if I don’t know what an ingredient is on the label, it probably isn’t a natural food.
2) By local if you can. The farther away from you the food comes, the more it has to have preservative or some other type of chemical on it to keep it fresh. For instance, if you have a farmer’s market or if your local grocery stores sells produce from area farmers, buy from them. The fresher you can eat it the more the vitamin and mineral content will be.
3) Drink plenty of water. Leave the sugar filled drinks alone and satisfy your thirst with pure clean water. You should consume at least 8 glasses of water daily – that’s two quarts of that wonderful stuff.
4) Eat your fruits and vegetables. They are loaded with vitamins and minerals to give your skin a healthy glow.
5) Stay away from saturated fats. They will cause you to have blemishes and skin breakouts. They aren’t healthy for the rest of your body, so when considering diets for healthy skin, leave them out of your planning.
6) Eat your daily requirement of protein. The amount you need depends on your height and level of activity, so I won’t give particular numbers here. Healthy skin needs the amino acids provided by the protein to stay healthy. Look for protein without all the saturated fat and don’t consume all of it in red meats, which in general has more fat then things like low fat turkey, soy products, legumes,beans and whole grains.
There you have some tips on diets for healthy skin. Along with eating natural foods, you should also use natural skin care products. You’ll find most of these come from plant-based ingredients versus chemically made substances.
Check out my web site listed below in the bio section. You’ll find lots of good information about keeping your skin the healthiest it can be and at the same time end up with beautiful young looking skin.
Elizabeth Ruby is passionate about good health and using healthy products on her skin. She does extensive research on the best products to use and what products to avoid. Visit her website at http://www.skinantiagingsite.com/ to find out what products she recommends.