Everyone wants healthy skin; if not for cosmetic purposes, then for general health purposes. It’s thought about all year long, but seems to be more prevalent in the thoughts when the more skin bearing weather rolls around. Besides the usual grooming routine, there are plenty of other ways to get that fresh glow, and easy to accomplish on a budget.
Foods for Healthy Skin
It’s always a good idea to eat healthy, even when not trying to look devilishly attractive in a bikini or speedo. While some foods, such as sugary treats, or even dairy products, won’t do anyone any favors, there are lots of foods that can help the skin as well as the rest of the body. Here are five to get started:
1. Water. Technically a drink instead of food, but certainly very important. It helps keep the skin hydrated, and helps clear out the system, which will not only mean beautiful skin, but feeling better all around.
2. Blueberries. They’re a high source of antioxidants – one of the foods with the highest capacity out there – and are a good source of fiber.
3. Walnuts. Loaded with essential fatty acids, they’re just what the skin needs to protect itself. Additionally, it also helps the skin look younger by giving it the nourishment it needs to keep it supple.
4. Green Tea. Yet another liquid, but an incredibly beneficial one. Green tea has anti inflammatory properties and is rich in polyphenols. And, for an added benefit, helps the metabolism.
5. Whole Wheat Bread. This item, while some might say has a less appealing flavor than, say, white bread, is healthy because it contains selenium. Selenium is a mineral that is helpful when it comes to skin cells, and, studies show, might even help skin damaged by the sun.
Tips for Healthy Skin
1. Your outside appearance reflects what’s on your inside. Maintain a healthy and balanced diet with plenty of fruits, vegetables and sunflower seeds.
2. Try and drink 6 to 8 glasses of water per day. This will help to keep your skin moist, refreshed and supple, which will help the skin fight off developing wrinkles and blemishes.
3. Moisturize! Applying moisturizer after a warm face wash or a warm shower is the best remedies for skin. Moisturizing helps to restore the oils that our skin has and helps to keep the skin hydrated. Moisturizing for men is just as important as the oils in men’s skin can be lost more easily than those in women.
4. Protect yourself from sun and tanning studio’s. The sun and tanning studio’s are the main reasons for premature aging. By applying self tan spray or keeping your face well protected from UV rays can help to prevent premature aging.
5. Keep up regular exercise. Regular exercise helps to keep the skin elasticity which prevents wrinkles. Exercise is also good for your body as a whole as it helps to maintain a low amount of body fat.
6. Taking vitamins and minerals helps to keep goodness in the skin. Vitamins and minerals have been developed to help your body. By taking one multivitamin can help to keep your skin fresh and clean.
7. Try and maintain a constant sleep pattern. Sleep is the body’s time to restore itself and to re-energies the body’s organs and skin. By maintaining a regular sleep pattern, you will feel more energized and your skin will become more healthy and fresher looking.
8. Do not scrub and wash too hard. By doing this it removes the required oils that the skin needs to regenerate. When washing, wash lightly and in circular motion. This helps to keep the blood flow in your skin and does not allow the essential oils to escape.
Read more on Tips for Healthy Glowing Skin and Home Remedies for Acne Treatment. Also visit on Home Remedies